Date:
Fri, 31 May 96 09:35:23 EST
     Jos, (I had to send this back to TechNet because when I sent it direct
           it came back! I realize you have a big problem and you are
           asking for some direction)

        OK. Now I understand on the antitarnish! I've never ran that
     process myself. I have always ran DMAB or post oxide dip (reduction.
     Like McDermid's process OmniBond+ which is what I run right now.)
     You should not have the separation at oxide to copper. That's crazy.
     That sounds like the problem was in preparing the copper surface
     before oxide. That's why I said maybe microetch. (Also, another
     billboard is talking about international supplies of contaminated
     "CP" grade sulfuric acid. You might want to check that out!) If
     something like tin or high amounts of copper were in your microetch,
     it could possibly co-deposit when processed and produce a easily
     separable layer.
        Are you running FR-4 (Tetra or multifunctional?) or BT or
     Polyimide? What is the material? The temperature (press cycle) and
     oxide thickness makes a big difference. (High temp materials need
     thin oxide deposits)
        Talk to me some more. I've been in charge of lamination areas for
     around 20 years and understand how this process works.

     Dave Hoover