From:
Dwight Mattix<[log in to unmask]> (Dwight Mattix)
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 13:18:36 -0700 (PDT)
At 5:11 PM 5/22/96, Brad Reese wrote:
>We are looking for suggested applications where vibrations cause a
>problem in the performance of the circuit board.  Any suggestions or
>input would be greatly appreciated.

you bet, this is a real big issue in mobile (esp. 2 way satcom)
communications systems where oscillator stability is critical for uplink
(what we do).  can be a bigger or smaller problem depending on bandwidth,
pwr & other link budget variables that are beyond me.
i could explain it to you, but i still wouldn't understand it (if i'm so
smart what am i doing in QE?) :-)

in any case, vibe induced phase noise and shortterm instability in xtal
oscillators is a hot topic in some corners of the analog world.

dwight