From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:45:05 -0500 (CDT)
J-STD-001B states that when humidity decreases to 30% or lower,
the manufacturer shall verify that ESD control is adequate and that
sufficient moisture is present for flux performance and solder paste
applications.

For operator comfort, J-STD-001 recommends temp to be between 18-30C,
and relative humidity not exceed 70%.

J-STD-001B, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies,
is currently at 2nd interim final circulation. We anticipate an August
publication.

Mike Buetow
IPC Technical Staff
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
P: 847-509-9700, ext. 335
F: 847-509-9798

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Kevin M. McCoy wrote:

> Our PWB assembly facility is in a controlled environment kept at 72
> degrees F, and 50% R.H.  The problem is, we don't remember how we
> decided these were the best conditions.  Does anyone know of an IPC
> document or other source stating the best environmental conditions for
> PWB assembly (including SM assembly)?
> Any info. is appreciated.  Thank you.

The mail list is provided by IPC using SmartList v3.05
To unsubscribe from this list at any time, send a message to:
[log in to unmask] with <subject: unsubscribe> and no text.