From:
Schlice Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 96 12:40:00 MST

Ah ! ! !  Yes ! ! !   the ol'  ...CLEAN 5 ... FILTER 2 ....CRITIC
   routine,    but it still takes the finesse of the a fine- tuned puck hand
to  ...BUMP ...SLIDE ...PUSH ...SHOVE     or whatever the infamous commands
on your particular CAD Tool is ...to balance out the aesthetic and
manufacturabilty of the design.  My  "WISH"  is that the CAD Tool would do
want I want it to do ..instead of what I do with it.   I have often  , in
the dead of night , held a copy of IPC-D-275 to the screen of my system in
the hopes  of 'absorption by osmosis' of some better DesignRule guidlines
...but long gone are the times when you had all the pinouts of every DIP
device in the TTL books memorized and all you needed was a sharper pencil to
get that one addition line in there.  Now we answer  not only to the E.E.'s
 , but  also the M.E.'s , the MFG. E.'s , the ICT  E.'s  (test) ,  the Assy
E.'s , "The Fabricators" ,  Purchasing  and sometimes it seem like even the
cafeteria personnel and maintenance are getting their 2cents in on our
designs.  I feel that CAD Designers have become far more 'Multi-Tasking'
than alot of the CAD Software that is out there.  Our task has become to
make it work despite all of the limitations written into the
software.....along with becoming a part-time LAN -- SuperUser -- ROOT -less
 (no root privileges) HardWare expert.
                                              WOW !
DaveSchlice
Motorola GSTG