From:
[log in to unmask] (Wolfgang Schenke)
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 96 06:54 PST

RS274X allows apertures defined internal to a file. There is no rules, that
same project files must have the same apertures. Decent Gerber viewers
and CAM software should allow for these situation.

We always should watch out that poor implementation of standards do not
reflect on the standard itself. Poor Gerber or EDIF implementation should
reflect on software companies, not on standards. It is time, that users
tell their software vendors about these problems and make them fix it.

Wolfgang Schenke (714-721-1017)