TECHNET Archives

November 1998

From:
Bridget Piper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:34:23 -0000
Hi TechNetters,
Now here's a little problem for you, any suggestions or
experience welcome on or off line.

We have successfully placed 4 off 304 pin Programmable Logic
Device. However, during vibration and 1/2 metre drop test, the
legs have deformed in the direction of the drop and some of the
corner legs fractured at the bend or at the joint to the body.
These are relatively heavy devices but with 304 legs, we are
surprised at this result. We cannot redesign, so have to solve
the problem, can you help?
We have thought of perhaps glue dotting under the device prior to
placement, of at the corners after for support.
Anyone had the same or similar problem, and if so how did you
solve it?

Thanks..............Bridget