From:
Ron Gedney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 14:30:45 -0400 (EDT)
AREA ARRAY PACKAGING CONFERENCE:

>The IEEE CPMT Society and the Binghamton Chapter will be having a workshop
on ball grid array, chip scale and flip chip packaging Oct. 23-25, 1996. The
conference will have 10 sessions and 33 papers from leading companies and
authors working in the field. The full advance program is available from the
IEEC Home Page on the web (http://www.ieec.binghamton.edu/ieec/ - look under
IEEC Events); or send me a note and we will mail/fax the information to you.

>There will be three sessions on flip chip technology with a special session
on Underfill; three BGA/Chip Scale sessions, single sessions on high density
laminates and reliability and a special session on manufacturing technology
- with two papers on implementing BGAs into production. A limited number of
tables are available for companies wishing to display products relating to
these package technologies.

>Added attractions are the low cost of meeting in the Binghamton area (e.g.
Regency Hotel - built 10 years ago for Sheraton - rooms are $59) and there
should still be lots of foliage available if anyone wants to plan some
vacation around the conference.

>IF you are working in the field of area array packaging, you will get a lot
out of this conference with leading edge papers from some of the best in the
business!

LATE NEWS: Taking advantage of the conference being in town, Profs Cotts,
Lehmann, et al, Binghamton University  are planning a special workshop on
underfill technology on Thursday evening, Oct. 24, 1996. They have a
substantial DARPA contract for underfill model development.
Ron Gedney
Integrated Electronic Eng. Center
Watson School of Eng. & Applied Science
Binghamton University