From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:57:31 -0500 (CDT)
This looks like a fun one and I'm sure the opinions will run strong.
IPC's specifications for lifted lands unfortunately were wagged by the
55110 untill they went to the 0.001 requirement.  As my buddy the late
George Smith told me once, lifted lands could roll up like window shades
as far as he was concerned.  Of much more importance was the integrity of
the knee and whether it was cracked.  The rest was irrelavent.

I would stand by the latest 276 requirements as the industry position on
lifted lands.

Regards

David W. Bergman, Technical Director
IPC