From:
[log in to unmask] (Jenni Marcy)
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 09:56:21 -0700
SECOND AND LAST CALL TO RESPOND
We are considering the benefits of such additive process technologies as
SLC, Dycostrate etc. and the associated microvias attainable with laser,
plasma etc.  I need to gather information on cost trade-offs and have read
within this forum that the traditional cost per area metric is not
applicable size the same size area can easily contain substantially more
devices & I/O's.  Can anyone share some cost modeling or analysis they have
done in this area?  How about the board shops in this network that are
pursuing the introduction of these technologies-how will you assist your
customers with cost tradeoff info?
Additionally I would like to understand the reworkability or lack thereof
with such technologies.  Thanks in advance for your technical advice.