Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 96 12:15:29 EST
     I would think that up to 0.0005" (0.5 mil) is overkill.  Our process
     uses a bright tin plate and the minimum is 0.0001".  The 0.0003"
     sounds like the thickness needed for solder plating.

     Be careful when switching from solder to tin, especially if switching
     to matte finish tin.  A high caustic (generic) stripper for the dry
     film can easily cause pinholes in your copper.  This isn't likely when
     using a bright tin.

     Also, there are multiple suppliers for this chemistry.  Ask around
     with the suppliers who give you good service.

     MB