Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:50:48 -0400
     There are several factors beside stencil thickness that can affect the
     print thickness.  The distance between the stencil and the board is
     important.  For stencils, I use as close to zero snap off as I can
     get.  Your fixturing can also affect the print thickness.  If you do
     not get adequate support under the board, the board can bow away from
     the stencil during printing and effectively increase the snap off,
     resulting in a thicker print.  I use drop in workholders for each
     board that I am printing to minimize this effect.  I also found that
     if I decreased the stencil release time, I got more consistent print
     thicknesses.