From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 18:40:11 -0600
Mike Lacey said:

>I'm looking for any information on size of standard pc cards. Particularly
>the size and dimensions of the fingers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Mike Lacey
>(201)930-9888 x5345

Do you mean ISA, EISA, PCI or whut? They have some similarities, but the
fingers differ.

We have some of the specs here, but is there any such thing as a "standard
PC card"? I do know that the various EISA cards you will find differ a good
deal in length and height. They have a half card and full card. PCI boards
have 5V, 3.3V, and universal versions, either 32 bit or 64 with different
keying slot locations and pitch on the contacts.

To assist you, one needs more specific info. If you have a certain type in
mind I might be able to dig up a drawing around here and fax it to you. And
that would be limited by my frame of mind and just how hard it is to dig it
up.

One contact is:

PCI Special Interest Group
M/S HF3-15A
5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-6497
503-696-2000

Ask about the PCI Local Bus Specification.

The PCI card will probably be the most common in the future, but there are
lots of EISA cards out today. ISA is also common for older PC's.

And then you have your Microchannel architecture. It never ends.

Another good reason to run a Mac!

Jerry Cupples
Interphase Corporation
Dallas, TX