From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:09:15 -0500 (CDT)
IPC-RB-276 does not require thickness measurement for fused tin-lead
plating or HASL coating.  Solderability requirements are the only issue
addressed.  If you have major planarity problems, you may want to
consider alternative platings/finishes.  I have heard of some companies
delivering very thin unfused tin-lead for some customers trying to deal
with the flatness issue.

Regards
Dave Bergman, IPC