From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:47:23 -0500 (CDT)
The IPC-SM-782 task group is currently working on two projects:

1) an amendment to the current revision A of the IPC-SM-782. This will
correct typos and reduce the fabrication tolerance and placement accuracy
from 0.2 mm to 0.1 mm. This should reduce the land patterns from some of
the components.

2) a B revision of the document. This will include new components,
including BGAs.

The task group is scheduled to meet in July, in Portland, and again in
October, at IPCWorks. The consensus building process does takes time. The
amendment should be published after the July meeting, but a date has not
been set for the publication of the B revision.

Lisa M. Williams
Technical Staff
IPC
2215 Sanders Road