TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Bill Wesmoreland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:54:09 -0500
Terri,

I know what your talking about when you say it's very tedious to wire 100's
of wires from parts to boards, we do thousands a year for our customers.  I
haven't seen an adapter to accomplish your particular application and if
there is one, I bet it would be expensive.

One option, not much less expensive, is to have your board house make a
panel of boards with pads for the SOIC on one side and the pads for the
TSSOP on the other with via interconnects.  You could then mount the parts
on the panel, reflow them, bump the pads on the opposite side of the panel
and once routed, place this part into the paste for reflow.  This type of
mod is more cost effective when you have larger quantities, so just a
suggestion.

Bill Westmoreland
President, BEST, Inc.
Phone   (847) 797-9250