From:
[log in to unmask] (Suellen Moore)
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 14:22:15 -0500 (EST)
We recently received some SMT components in vaccuum sealed packaging, which
included dessiccant packets, with warnings about exposure to moisture. If
the ICs were to be stored above 68% RH or if the bag was opened, the parts
were to be used within 2 or 7 days. If they were not used within that time
period they have to go thru a 24 hour cure at 125F. These are fairly simple
J lead and gull wing packs ( one of them is an LGA), but we have not seen
this warning on other SMT ICs. Is this fairly standard?       Tom Moore
Tom Moore