From:
RICK VERNON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:23:22 -0500
We are looking at replacing our 600SMD Omegameter with some other
type  of ionic cleanliness tester. We have reviewed the extensive study
from  EMPF on these types of testers (a good DOE.)

As you may know, the 600 SMD isn't the most user-friendly machine in
town. We are looking for real user experience with other machines to
help us determine which setup will be best suited to our operation. We
want to use wave room machine operations personnel to do the testing.
These people are trained, but not to extreme levels. We currently have a
Quality tech doing the testing, with backup from a QE when needed. We
want to apply our QA resources in other areas, if a friendly ionic
contamination tester is available.

Does anyone know of a report or industry study on the useability of
contamination testers? Personal experience in this area would be a great
 help to our decision making process.

Thanks for any guidance you may be able to provide.

Rick Vernon, Phoenix International, Fargo, ND
rvernon@phoeintl