Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 19:38:34 -0500 (EST)
At Circo Craft we use IST to establish reliability performance of bare
printed wiring boards. This method employs an automated computer controlled
application of current which causes the substrate temperature to rise. By
cycling the test vehicle through a thermal profile, an assessment of
reliability (time or cycles to failure) can be determined.
Correlation between this method and traditional thermal cycle analysis
has been established. We have performed analysis on blind via substrates and
would be happy to discuss this issue further with you.

D. Rooke
E-mail  : [log in to unmask]
Phone   : 514-694-8400
FAX     : 514-694-2696