From:
"Crawford, John A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 96 12:27:00 EST

Following from the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis, prepared by our Four Pi
engineer, Tony Burnett:
"We do not use our 4PI in quite the manner this gentleman is describing,
however he should be aware it will not make julienne fries.  (It makes a
mean potato masher though!)  Anyway, the gentleman should consider the 5DX
series only.  The 3DX systems are not as well supported and are very limited
in capability.  The limitations include field of view which will affect his
ability to look at fine pitch and coarse pitch devices with the same level
of detail.  I would suggest that if he is interested, he could use our
services here at the EMPF to become more familiar with the 5DX system and
perhaps to program a couple of his assemblies.  We then could give him a
sample of the data that he could expect from the equipment and make his own
determination as to whether there is need to procure one of these systems.
 At that point, if they do decide to purchase one of the pieces of
equipment, their learning curve would be greatly reduced and they would be
able to inspect their own product using the EMPF setup on the day the
machine is installed at his facility." Contact the EMPF HelpLine directly at
317.226.5616 for additional information.