TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
My Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:22:45 -0800
Bill,

Thanks a lot for your input.  The panel size for
RIMM,DIMM, DDR,SODIMM, will be layout in such way that
those factors are put in serious consideration.

We use Dek (Screen Printing, CP6/7, QP2/3, Heller,
Amistar (labeler) Sayaka, Excelon, and Nortek for our
production line.  Within 11.5 x 7 inches, and less
than 11 units in X direction, 3 in Y direction, we
believe that the machines will handle those panels
just fine.

For Fiducials: Thanks again! For fine pitch component
placement (on QP) we use local, however, for 0603 and
above (Chip/cap), we use global fiducial (I just added
it into my  note).

Will the panels be rigid enough or require support
through the manufacturing process?

It seems to be ok with DIMM/DDR/RIMM (1 row) and
SODIMM (2 row).  Here IS THE QUESTION for YOU: For
Critical areas, we give the boardhouse a tolerance of
4 mils for those applications (from Edge to Edge).
What we do is to complete the entire the
de-panelization in house, thus, the panel will contain
NO V-Groove scoring or rat-bites.  However, if the
panel comes in in 4 mils off, then we have to round it
perfectly. For memory product, where is the critical
area? (SODIMM,DIMM,SIMM,DDR,RIMM) Are they the only
portion below the knots or the entire area where the
knots locate at?

Also, do you know the common vendors rawstock material
size for both domestic and oversea?

Thanks,
Stacy