TECHNET Archives

January 2011

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:17:42 -0500
Similar experience - 1970 - Pigment production recipe called for one quart of Triton X-100 per pigment batch to keep finely ground pigment particles from re-agglomerating.  We think the operator took 5 gallons from a drum, poured the quart into the mix, and dumped the other 4 3/4 gallons down the drain.  Overfoamed our waste treatment plant, and then the very stable foam lifted sewer manhole covers a mile from the plant.  Nice to have red foam, green foam, and blue foam at various points going away from our plant.

Think that Triton X-100 had uses in IR fusing fluid and maybe soldering flux in the dinosaur age of circuit board production.

Denny Fritz