From:
JIM ENNIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 96 07:57:00 PDT

I agree that a bd mfr. *can* correct for silk on pads (not just SMT but vias
and other features), however, this can be costly, must be done for every
lot, will vary from bd shop to bd shop, and most importantly, you may lose
important info from the PCB.  Your designers should inspect the layup of the
silk, and exterior layers for these issues and correct them at the design
level.
     We had problems with this until our PCB shops told us their
registration requirements for silk, which we then incorporated into our
database.  It has become a rare occurrence since then.