From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 96 10:24:19 cst
     Hi Eli -

     We have soldered TO 220s to organic substrates (FR4, BT, etc.)  with
     very few problems. The reflow profile needs to be looked at for each
     assembly so that you heat up the all of the components uniformly but
     there is no "magic" in the process. I would not use any attachment
     hardware unless your use environment (e.g. lots of vibration) requires
     it - attachment hardware will increase your cost via assembly cycle
     time and material costs.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins