Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:44:24 +0400 (EDT)
Bill, I might broadly suggest some kind of contrast approach.  Take a
good board, make a suitable image of it, then take the bad one, image it
and compare images.  I believe IC makers use voltage contrast with
electron microscopes to look for inactive regions.  that would be
expensive, presumably.  Other things, like thermal contrast or
holographic image would likewise not be cheap, I suspect.   Lou Hart

.