Date:
Thu, 09 May 96 10:12:15 EST
 Remembering from a prior life, we used to do 5 solder shocks, standard
 Mil-P-55110C (the revision in force at the time) sample conditioning and
 preparation.  The solder shock was a float at 550 deg.F. for 10 seconds.
 Product used was random selection from what was being manufactured on the
 floor at the time.  This regimen was used as a process control and was done
 daily.  If the process did not pass 3 or more solder shocks, we would react
 and go start looking at the contributing process variables (i.e. copper bath
 condition, laminates used, Z-Axis, ductility, elongation, baking processes
 etc.).  The actual product reject criteria, however, still remained that the
 product had to pass 1 solder shock, as in the military specification
 pertaining at the time.

 Hope this helps.

 Greg Schroeder