From:
"Dill, Norm J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 96 16:19:00 DST

Rudy,
    Your description is very accurate.  If the boards are more than 2
minutes old, you need to use a preclean solution of 50% cheap orange juice
mixed with 50% battery acid.  I would also recommend a nitrogen atmosphere
for the board designer.
     Seriously though, we have a Duroid board here that has the same finish
requirement.  I've been told because of dimensional instability concerns it
should not be HASL'd.  The concern included possible fracturing of the
plated through holes.
     We are presently considering converting this board to Ni/Au.

                Norm Dill