TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:58:11 +0200
Sorry, Earl, I'm letting you down. No-one has ever asked me the question
before, but I guess the other respondees have stated along the same
lines I'd be thinking: a good wet brushing with a solvent (I'd possibly
suggest two stiff brushes: one for the initial filthy work, the other
reserved for final cleaning with clean solvent: when the latter needs
replacing, downgrade it to #  and chuck away the original #1) which will
dissolve the crud, according to the flux type and general s..t they pick
up. I agree: no shop air.

Doug will suggest Mountain Dew as the universal solvent.

Brian