From:
[log in to unmask] (Kenny Bloomquist)
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 06:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
On August 16th I wrote the following question.  Unfortunately I did not
receive any responses.  I am sending this again in hopes that the people
with good comments are still out there in TechNet land.

This is a request for input on recommended shelf life for SMT components.
Our company uses small quantities of SMT components but we often purchase
reels of components which will last for quite some time.  We currently do an
incoming solderability test and if the components pass we establish a shelf
based on the manufacturing date of the component.  What I am asking for is
any advise on what a reasonable shelf life should be for SMT components
stored in a building with 30 to 60 percent humidity and 72 plus or minus 5
degrees Fahrenheit.  The components are placed in ESD bags with a piece of
3M OAP paper.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.