Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 10:40:08 -0400
You might give TopLine Components a call.  They manufacture a wide range of
dummy parts and buy defective parts for experiments like yours.  They can be
reached at: 1-310-433-7000.

One caution:  If you are going to be doing any SIR work, make absolutely sure
that the dummy part has no internal dies.  And don't take their word for it.
 Dummy parts with no internal die in them are a special order for them and
they don't have a different part number (from the ones with dies).  This is a
problem with the 68 I/O PLCCs that some people use with the B-36 board for
process qualification.  The PLCCs are much cheaper than the LCCs, but the
internal dies short out patterns 2 and 4 on the B-36 board.  I have ordered
these parts before, assured that there was no die, and they still had them.
 A word to the wise .......

Doug Pauls
CSL