From:
Bob Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:12:59 -0700
If you are using a photo defined solder mask, you can control which
pads are covered/filled and which pads are cleared.

Bob Metcalf
Morton Electronic Materials

>>> Barry Darnell <[log in to unmask]> 10/14/96 11:41am >>>

I have run into a problem with a board that has vias in smt pads.  We
need all of the vias plugged, and I am told that solder mask is the best
way to do that.  This is to ensure that a good vacuum is maintained for
our ATE equipment.  That is the problem.  I can not have a via covered
with solder mask on top of an smt pad.  The board house I am using says
 this is difficult for them because they have to determine which vias are
plugged and which are not.  Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Thanks,

    Barry Darnell
(864)627-8800 Ext. 231 [log in to unmask]
CD Electronics, Inc.
Printed Circuit Board Designer

*