TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Scott B. Westheimer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 21:07:17 +0800
From: Scott Westheimer
Date: 6/3/97

Would like to get some information evaluating maximum through put of
horizontal oxide line. We currently are using a horizontal oxide line that
was sized to process at 1.4 meter/min. We have been asked to increase speed
to 1.8 meters/min.. The process is not what I would call conventional, we
go through an acid cleaner, rinse(cascade2x), sodium persulfate micro-etch,
rinse, 10% H2SO4, rinse, pre-dip, oxide, rinse, converter(DMAB), DI rinse
cascade3x, dryer, and then oven dry. We use Shipley Pro-Bond oxide. The
question that I have is how do we actually determine the acceptable speed
of the line. I realize that the oxide weight gain is not the only thing
that we need to use to determine if the process is capable of being
increased. The rinsing must be considered, retention time in the other
processes all need to be considered but how to evaluate? Any recommendation
and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Also how to determine if the DMAB is working properly and what is the
concentrations that most people are running at?