TECHNET Archives

April 2018

From:
Wayne Showers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Showers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:14:38 -0500
I am asking that anyone who is an appropriate authority on IPC-4552A to chime in on the new standard.

Clarification 1) The ENIG process min is still 0.5 microns (2 uinch) expect for the following exceptions:
1) An allowance in the Procurement documents (PO, fab prints/notes) down to 0.4 microns [ For that matter, I can write my fab documents to allow for anything ].

Clarification 2) I have always allowed for readings down to 0.4 microns when inspecting as to allow for process and measurement variation.  Previously this could have been rejected for by IPC-4552.  Is this now acceptable?  That is, is what I used to do out of necessity and to prevent rejection of usable product, now an allowance of the standard?