From:
"E.Janssens@MT0004" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 03:18:42 EDT

Dear Mike,

  Based on my experience with reduced dust level enviroments for
plotter rooms I want to make a non technical remark.
  Dust levels are reduced by acting on 3 levels: dust generation
prevention, dust entrance prevention and dust removale. Every clean
room systems supplier can offer you technical solutions.
  But the system is only as good as it is used. The best systems can
be ruined by the operators. The people are the biggest and most
unpredictable dust source. I suggest you concentrate more on people
and their behaviour.
  Some suggestions:
   - make a clean programme and have it respected
   - no food and beverage in the yellow room
   - no papers or magazines
   - have operators wearing a headcap (and gloves?) as a reminder
that they are in a clean room
  A good discipline in a good enough enviroment will bring you more
than an expensive clean room manned by careless operators.
  Success

   Eric Janssens