Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 15:14:33 -1000
Thanks Bob - appreciate the background!  But the coverage is so much better
using the "flick fluxer" that we have thrown away two AT&T units and also
the Sono-Tec units.  We could not get good coverage on the larger PCB's or
the larger multipannelized PCB's using the AT&T or the Sono-Tec spray
fluxers.  But now with the flick fluxer's we get very uniform and very
controlable thickness on all the various board types which we process
thorough our factories.

During the Deming teachings - we learn to continuously improve our
processes in an attempt to eliminate defects and this is one of those cases
where we had many years of experience in using earlier spray fluxers,
because we have been doing low solids no clean SMT and wave soldering for 6
or 7 years(from the beginning).  And the tendancy would be to continue to
improve on our existing process working with our current suppliers and
making things better over time.  But this was not possible with AT&T so we
switched to Sono-Tec, while still working with AT&T.  And then we evaluated
a simpler approach to improve our larger PCB coverage - and it worked right
out of the gate.  We were as shocked as anyone else, but being well
trained to look at the data and base your opinions on test data alone.  We
let the results determine our path!  I don't plan on making the data
available, because it is company proprietary.  But we are now in the very
low ppm levels when exiting our Wave soldering process at this time.
	Some times simple is better - but this you will have to determine
for yourself and your own processes.

Best Regards
Doug Mills