Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 23:39:21 -0400 (EDT)
Bob, I've been very interested in the dialogue pertinent to film
compensation (aka shrinkage factors). At Circo we developed several years
ago, a modelling system that is empirically derived from a slightly
different theoretical model. The results however are excellent, our defect
rate for misregistration is extremely low and the factors used are
essentially the same key factors as is used by your theoretical model. I
would be interested in comparing movement predictions of a specific
construction to your predictions and perhaps this would lead to additional
insights.

As far as 100 ppm target for accuracy, are you sure that this is attainable
with the lot to lot variations of raw materials ( ie prepreg resin content,
resin formulation , glass cloth consistency etc..)?

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft