From:
"Richard Wood-Roe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 96 08:15:55 +0000
We are users of the Alphalevel process.  An electroless silver coating
with a co-deposited organic protective layer.  This is produced by Alpha
Metals and is a very cost effective alternative to electroless nickel and
gold for a flat surface mount finish.

We have chosen this in preference to a pure organic coating.  It looks
like a solder finish and is more acceptable to our customers, who are
unsure of the solderability of a copper finish.

We apply this after solder mask and is a direct replacement for our HASL
process.

Richard Wood-Roe
Artetch Circuits Ltd.
Littlehampton,  UK