TECHNET Archives

March 2020

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:18:03 -0400
70% is better.  99% evaporated too quickly to get into the stuff...
see below.  For cleaning, 99% is great, but for Cv-19, I believe 70%
is better - you need to let it dry completely before set your
assembly on it.  IMHO.
"Between the concentrations of 60% and 90%, Isopropyl alcohol is a
very effective agent against microbial bacteria, fungi, and
viruses . ... 70 % IPA solutions are very effective in breaching the
cell wall fully. Also, the presence of water slows down evaporation
and increases the surface contact time with the membrane."