Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 22:37:51 -0500 (EST)

Usually the copper plate rinses are too acid for this; especially
ones with a surfactant in them.  Worst I've had was in a dragout
after catalyst.  Stuff wouldn't plate in acid copper but the metals
it took up sure did.  Probably one of the first direct plate's in
the industry :).  Lots of these things have an exterior that protects
them from oxidizers & such.  I ended up using 2% peroxide, rinse,
mechanical scrubbing, more peroxide and rinse.  Repeat monthly.
Don't forget to let Wastetreatment know about the oxidizer before
they see it or you may see an even uglier sight then the slimy stuff.

Ok, so there is a disadvantage to working in the balmy coastal climate.

Tom Waznis
Process Eng.
HCI Inc.
619-453-7800