Date:
29 May 1996 08:12:34 CDT
To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: FAB:  Silk-screen ink on surface mount pads
.ddn adtran.com(JIME)

I agree that the designer should make the pattern easier for the PCB
manufacturer.  I support the legend ink area and we see lots of artwork
around components and near pads that do not need to be there.  After a negative
merge, some of the nomenclature is missing.  The process of silk screening is
not a high tolerance process. If only the needed nomenclature is supplied, and
boxes and foot prints are left. The silk screen process should be easier and
cheaper.

Frank H. Barrow (FBARROW)AUSVMR [log in to unmask]
Sr. Associate Engineer
Austin TL 678-6743
*** Reply to note of 05/29/96 07:57