TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
"Thayer, Wayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Thayer, Wayne
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 12:09:31 -0400
Last time opinions of Vapor Phase came up on this forum, respondents
indicated that cleaning the flux residue out of these systems was
significantly worse than a comparable convection system.  Is that still
true?  Some systems do note even have filter loops for trying to remove
such contaminants!

In the beginning of this thread there was a suggestion from a supplier
that the same fluid can be used for both Pb and Pb-free assemblies.
That seems like it might need some qualifiers!

When we examined Vapor Phase, another issue was the length of the
cooldown segment unless you got additional chillers installed.  Also, if
many are moving toward these, we can expect that EPA will eventually
require vapor recovery systems.

Wayne Thayer