TECHNET Archives

June 1997

Date:
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 21:18:53 EDT

put your text here. Send note to IBMMAIL(INTERNET)
I too have had the same sort of problem. IPC doesn't seem to have
guidelines covering land patterns for wave solder of componentry.
IPC-SM-782 covers land pattens for reflow but not wave. I have had to
look elsewhere for wavesolder land patterns. We have an internal design
guide within IBM covering land pattern layouts. I have also seen
wave solder land pattern layouts in some component supplier data books.
Philips have some good literature on this. Their "IC Package Databook"
covers land patterns for IC's. We try to avoid wave soldering PLCC's,
QFP's, and TSOPS as I don't think weve ever had particularly good
results.

Regards,  Evan                   Internet: [log in to unmask]
*** Forwarding note from SMTP4   --IINUS1   05/31/97 05:25 ***