Date:
Tue, 7 May 96 12:09:04 PDT
[log in to unmask] (GERARDOBRIEN) Wrote:

| does anyone out there have information , both product and
| reliability on
| the use of electroless nickel as a seeder chemistry for PTH
| in PCB's.

I will recommend the following papers for your reference.

- Manufacturability and Reliability of Products Assembled
  with New PCB Finish, by K. Banerji and E. Bradley (SMT proceedings '94)

- Printed Wiring Board Surface Finishes:  Evaluation of Electroless
  Noble Metal Coatings, by U. Ray, I. Artaki, G. Wenger and D. Machusak

- Material Developments in Microelectronic Packaging:
  Performance and Reliability (Proceedings of the 4th Electronic Materials
  and Processing Congress)

These papers will provide you with very good understanding of electroless
Ni in terms of material characteristics, product quality and reliability.

Nora Xiao
Process Engineer
Tektronix, Inc.