TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
Jeff Ferry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:02:49 -0400
Bruce,

Agree with your idea about flattening small diameter wire so it will fit
under the BGA. Have another suggestion - use flat copper ribbon. We been
using pure copper ribbon, originally manufactured as magnet wire, for such
applications. We've found sizes as small as .002" x .004", .002" x .006",
.002" x .008", and others. It's pure copper so may need to be overcoated
with epoxy to insulate.

Jeff Ferry
CEO
Circuit Technology Center, Inc