TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Kasprzak, Bill (esd) US" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 97 14:20:00 PDT

This is a response to three different notes on the net........

To the unidentified person that has a "white residue" problem....

We have had similar experience with this problem. We tracked the problem to
two primary sources, one is that it is a residue from mold release used
during the conector assembly process. The second is that we had used a
thread locker material to hold the connector to the circuit board. It turned
out that the material was applied too heavy, migrated to the top of the
connector then settled at the bottom of the pin. A lighter application of
thread locker seemed to clear up the problem.

To Guenter:

The address for North Penn Technical ....

North Penn Technical
2294 North Penn Road
Hatfield,  PA   19440
215-997-3200

To  Frank Hinojos

I've had no experience at all with "J" lead attachment to plastic leadless
components. Not familiar with plastic leadless components.

Bill Kasprzak
Moog Inc.
716-652-2000 ext 2507