From:
Paul Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 11:37:26 GMT
In your message dated Wednesday 13, December 1995 you wrote :
>      Does anyone have any personal experience with "image switching
>      comparators" such as Vision Engineering's "comparascope". In a visual
>      inspection process are there any substiantial benefits for this
>      technique.
>
>      Any comments?
>
>      DDrake
>      Lead Process Engineer - SSDS
>      (713) 987-4365
>      DRAKE@SSDSRDCC

We have used a Vision Engineering Comparascope many years ago and the technique
is useful in visual inspection. However we found there were too many component
size and position variations to make it reliable since if everything is moving
about the defects are more difficult to spot.

If you have very consistent positioning and uniform components then this
technique could be worth trying. It certainly highlights missing components.

Thanks for reminding me about our machine which must be gathering dust at the
moment. Maybe we'll get it out and try using it again.

Paul Gould
Technical Director
Teknacron Circuits Ltd
UK Tel: 1983 866531
|     EMail [log in to unmask]

| Mail sent via Demon Internet - Tel:0181 371 1234  |