From:
"TOM BRESNAN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 96 11:44:00 PST
     Rudy, Dave,

     I concur with the flatness issue. Have seen several customers request
     "no reflow" to achieve flat pads without changing their processes to
     accommodate for gold or OSP's. I would believe Rudy's comment to be
     true about requiring a more aggressive flux being needed to activate
     the surface. I have also had customers request a minimal thickness of
     plated tin/lead unfused on an MCM-L. They were "pasting" the pads,
     which were in fact becoming the lead-frame attachments for a QFP, with
     a higher temp solder (90/10 I think). This is so that the frame would
     withstand the subsequent solder operations when the MCM-L is mounted
     on the PWB.

     Regards,

     Tom