TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"Mcgarry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:37:58 +0000
	Recently we've been on a big push to get current customers to change
drawings that required solder mask over reflowed tin lead smobc. The
reasons that we give them are 1. fits our process (90-95% of all
boards produced are currently smobc) 2. the EPA issues with the use
of tin-lead. 3. te reliability gained when going to smobc.
	The question which has been posed is, does going to smobc somehow
change the current capacities, or other electrical and or mechanical
properties of the boards. What, if any are the disadvantages of smobc
vs reflow? Can anyone comment?

Thank You,

Robert P. McGarry jr
Technical Sales Analyst
Proto Circuit Inc.
2035 Midway Dr.
Twinsburg, OH. 44087
216-425-4939 fx. 216-425-9704

"QUALITY MANUFACTURED PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS"