From:
"Nelson, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 02 May 96 08:06:00 EDT

My experience with bubbling has been that the viscosity of the ink is
most critical.
Mixing will always inject air as does forcing the ink through a screen.
The key factors are; how viscous is the ink (It's hard to get bubbles out
of peanut butter.),
how thick is your coating (thicker coatings are harder to get the bubbles
back out of), and how long do you allow product to sit for de-bubbling
before tack-dry at what temperature.
We had a rash of bubbling problems recently when one of our two suppliers
sent in some thicker than normal ink.  We're looking at incoming
inspection for viscosity.