From:
[log in to unmask] (Bryan Woods)
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 17:55:32 -0800
Here at Compumotor, we are going to be putting our first PCA with a 20 mil
pitch QFP into production in the near future.  I'd like to do some
benchmarking of  what everyone has seen as the difference in soldering
defect rates between 50mil pitch and 20mil pitch SMT components.  (Defects
here being defined as a short between pins or an open between pin and pad.)
Historical data on dpm at the solder joint level would be great, but I
realize probably not realistic to ask for.  The difference in first time
test yield of comparable boards with with and without fine pitch parts would
also be very valuable.  Thank you in advance.

Bryan Woods
Manufacturing Engineer
Parker Compumotor
Phone: (707)584-2542