From:
"Edwards, Ted A (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
30 Aug 1996 10:21:24 -0500
When we were in the board fabrication business, we did not store layers in a
vacuum with desiccant but  when we used vacuum frame we would pull a vacuum
and hold it for more than 30 minutes before lamination.  When we switched to
a vacuum lamination we continued to use a vacuum in the press and hold
before lamination.  We also pulled a vacuum on the prepreg and back filled
it's storage chamber with dry nitrogen.  The froth at the edge of the board
when down but we did not know if that was from the vacuum steps or the fact
we went to low pressure lamination when we switched to vacuum lamination.